I’ve finished Helena and have washed, blocked, and sewn in all the loose ends. I have had the hardest time finishing Helena. I knit it with Samoa by GGH and it was a bulky yarn while the pattern called for skinnier yarn. So after knitting it too big twice I cast on again in the 6 month size using the schematics provided to make sure the length was appropriate for a 2 year old.
I started nearly 2 months ago and am thrilled to be finished. Thrilled. Now it is on to designing a new sweater for Darby because it is cool enough that she wants a sweater in the morning so she can go outside.
We have had so many interesting experiences at my school lately, none of which I can really talk about. But it has made me sanitize my classroom a couple times, look at my kids far more warily, and also try to make a more meaningful connection with them. There is a position open that I am applying for not because I don’t love teaching art, which I do, but because I am worried that with the budget being so awful in California schools will begin to cut out “unnecessary expenses” like art teachers.